No one parenting experience is the same as another, but one thing we can continually agree upon for all new parents is that support for the new family during their first few months with a newborn is paramount. Moms and Dads are better equipped to take care of their babies when they themselves are getting their needs met. And when it comes to twins, there is perhaps double the reason (or triple if you’re having three babies!) to make sure you’ll be well-supported during the first six weeks at home.
We are excited to call this episode of the Fourth Trimester Podcast the TWINS episode. Here’s what we cover:
- Having twin babies prematurely and a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) experience
- Why it isn’t just a simple formula of twice the work
- Identifying and getting help for postpartum anxiety
- Feeding two babies at the same time
- Taking shifts between parents, and additionally with the help of a doula or someone else and how that can benefit everyone
- Preparing for the specific differences between preparing for having multiple babies compared to a single baby
Our guest, Alli Merriman, is the San Francisco Bay Area Associate for Twin Love Concierge, which provides pre and postpartum support to parents of multiples. She’s a mom to a 4-year-old daughter and 2.5 year old boy/girl twins.
If you want more twins content, you can also check out episode 18 with father-of-twins Andrew Gentry Law.
Listen to Alli, Esther & Sarah on the Fourth Trimester Podcast Episode 52. Click here for iTunes and click here for Google Podcasts. Enjoy! xo