Fourth Trimester Podcast Episode 58: Good Enough Mothering
Amelia Kriss, CPCC, RDT
Amelia Kriss, CPCC, RDT is an ICF-Certified Life Coach & Creative Arts Therapist in San Francisco, California, where she lives with her partner and their very opinionated almost 3-year-old. In her coaching practice, Amelia Kriss Collaborative, she specializes in supporting makers, healers, mamas, and other badasses. She is also a Registered Drama Therapist and a Director for Self-Revelatory Performances & therapeutic theatre. Amelia LOVES working with new mamas, especially around processing the birth experience, integrating this new parent role, and reclaiming their whole identities. She offers in-person sessions locally, and meets virtually with folks outside the Bay Area.
Good Enough Mothering is actually The Best Mothering
Here’s what we at Fourth Trimester Podcast discuss with Amelia:
- The specific kinds of postpartum support that Amelia offers in her practice: Birth Experience Processing, Integrating the New Parent Role, Reclaiming your Whole Identity
- Amelia’s journey into serving new mamas (stemming from my own birth experience, etc.)
- The distinction between traditional psychotherapy & coaching and why that matters
- You Are So Amazing & I Am So Bored (Parenting & Emotional Multitasking)
- Good Enough Mothering is actually The Best Mothering
In Amelia’s words:
I coach with a focus on self acceptance & the belief that fulfillment is worth fighting for, and I’m committed to nurturing the societal shift from a concept of motherhood defined by self sacrifice, to one anchored in self compassion. Beyond Postpartum Support, my areas of focus include: Good Girl Metamorphosis, Creativity Coaching, working with fellow Healers & Helpers, and Therapeutic Theatre. At the moment, my most favorite forms of self-care are toddler snuggles, intersectionalizing my feminism, and curse words.
If you have a hunch that working together might be the right next move: click here to book your phone consultation and let’s talk!”
The content provided in this article(s) is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. Neither Sarah Trott nor Buckeye Media LLC (DBA Fourth Trimester) are liable for claims arising from the use of or reliance on information contained in this article.