For those who like egg dishes, this is a huge hit. It’s good for any meal or snack of the day and packs a nutritional punch. Feel free to experiment with the veggies and herbs a bit. The best thing about it is it’s a great way to get mom to eat her greens!
- 1 large onion
- 2 small zucchini or other summer squash
- 1/2 bunch chard
- 1/2 lb cheese (Jarlsberg or Swiss are both great)
- 2 sweet peppers (red, orange, yellow, green)
- 18 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, grated
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Grease the baking dish and preheat the oven to 375F.
- Wash and slice the veggies and grate the cheese. Layer each item in order given above. Blend the eggs, milk and herbs, salt and pepper, and carefully pour over the veggies and cheese. Pop in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, checking to see that the egg is cooked through in the middle before taking out.