The concept of snack trays is simple: a variety of small, tasty bites a new parent can consume quickly, without having to think about “what sounds good to eat”.
Foods to include are proteins, vegetables, healthy fats and some carbs.
For heartier meals, see our Postpartum Soups and Stews Collection.
Here’s a snack tray shopping list for your next trip to the grocery store (or click the links to order online).
The Snack Tray
(examples – be creative and add more of your favorite foods)
- Mixed salted nuts
- Organic peanut butter (high quality, no trans fats)
- Dried apricots (or other dried fruit like Figs, Mango Slices, Cranberries)
- Dark Chocolate
- Fresh fruit – apples, mandarins, bananas
- Cheddar cheese or goat cheese
- Pickled vegetables (Pickles, Beets, Artichoke hearts, Peperoncini, Carrots)
- Deviled eggs (pre-made or make your own)
Here are some recipes for additional items that can be added to a snack tray, or enjoyed on their own!
Learn more Nutrition and Nourishment: The Essentials | Good Food for New Parents | We’ve got recipes for you to try and/or tell your helpers to make!
Connect with Fourth Trimester Facebook | Instagram | About & Contact