Our friends over at the First Forty Days are generously sharing a few of their favorite recipes with us at Fourth Trimester. We love having a these delicious rice crispy treats on a snack tray for new moms.
Peanut Butter & Honey Rice Crispy Treats
- 1 8-inch square pan
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted grass-fed butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups organic puffed rice
- pinch sea salt
- chocolate chips, peanuts, shredded coconut, dried fruit of your choice (optional add-ins)
- Put the puffed rice in a mixing bowl with the pinch of sea salt, add the peanut butter mixture, and stir until the cereal is evenly coated. Stir in any optional ingredients you’d like.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch (20-cm) square pan and press down gently to cover the bottom. Chill in the fridge forat least 20 minutes, or up to several hours.
- When they are hard to the touch, cut into squares and enjoy. They will soften at room temperature, so best to keep them chilled until you are ready to eat.
P.S. Here’s the book!